The Patients Participation Group has now been in operation for around 3 years, so we are still a relatively newly formed group. In order for us to expand and further develop new ideas we are keen to recruit new members. The group meets around every 6/8 weeks and meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6.30pm. Membership of the group is open to all patients. If you are interested in joining our group can you please contact our practice manager.
Aims & Objectives
- To enhance communication between the patients, all partners and staff of Wordsley Green Surgery.
- To give Doctors and Patients the opportunity to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest.
- To provide a forum for patients to make suggestions about the Practice and health care needs.
- To develop pathways for dissemination of health information and literature to patients of the Practice.
- To promote, after discussion with the Partners, any other matter that is deemed to be in the interests of the patients and the practice.
- To maintain and develop quality standards.
- To support the Practice in the achievement of the Quality Outcome Framework (QOF).
Chairman's Annual Report
Patient Report 2014-15
Summary of Patient Report Priorities
- Priority 1 - Helping and supporting our carers
- Priority 2 - Promoting the Self Check-in System
- Priority 3 - Health Promotions
Click here to download the full report for 2014-15
Patient Survey 2013-14
We are pleased to announce the results of our Patient Surveys that were conducted in November 2013
We would like to thank the Patient Group Members for giving up their time and coming into surgery to assist in handing out the surveys. We would also like to thank members of staff and patients for their co-operation. The practice has found the comments and results very encouraging and has helped in planning for improvements for the coming year.
Summary of Patient Survey-November 2013
- The survey was carried out using a variety of communication methods
- 338 patients completed a questionnaire
- Distribution was either face to face, handed out by practice staff or members of the Patient Group or via our website
- All responses were summarised by Patient Group Members and cumulative totals were collated
77% of patients owned a mobile phone and 67% said they would be happy to receive text messages
Ordering prescriptions online
- 59% of patients were aware that you can order prescriptions online
- 70% of patients own a computer
- 39% of patients thought it would be easier to order prescriptions online
79% of patients feel that a 3/5 day wait for a routine appointment is acceptable
As a result of the surveys the following action plan has been agreed and will be monitored:
- We aim to provide routine appointments within a 3/5 day timescale
- We aim to use text messaging as an additional method of communication in contacting patients
- We aim to promote the use of the website and to increase the numbers of patients ordering prescriptions online\
Patient Survey Results January 2014 (.xls file)
Summary of Patient Survey August 2012 (.doc file)
Patient Survey Results August 2012 (.xls file)
Summary of Patient Survey April 2012 (.doc file)